Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Potty Training

If there is one thing I know, it's that I love my Eme girl. We have a great time together, but we are both stubborn and not willing to back down if we aren't getting our way. Take the title of this post - potty training. We were doing well the first 45 minutes and after that she decided to wet her first pair of big girl underpants. The next pair was wet soon after in our bathroom, about 12 inches from the toilet. The story goes we went through 5 pairs of underwear and on the 5th pair of underwear, I went outside to get the mail (sidenote: I was in my pajamas, no make-up/no shower, teeth not brushed, etc - I was quite the sight) and I come back to go inside and Eme has locked me out! I don't think she knew what she was doing, but has seen us lock the doors so she gave it a try and it worked! After pounding on all doors possible (I didn't bother to open the shutters today - big mistake) I go on over to my neighbors to borrow their phone to call Dane and there is no answer at his work number. I then call my mom - who is an hour away helping my sister-in-law. She frantically says she is on her way because of the hysteria and situation I am in. Then my neighbor calls the fire station in the mean time to see if they can help and they state the only help they can offer is to break down the front door. I say no thanks and finally reach Dane who bless his heart said he was on his way. Dane finally arrives home (mind you I can hear the children by the front door in hysterics) and as Eme gets up to come to us she slips in her pee by the front door. We get that and her cleaned up - let's just say we called it a day with the potty training. I am sure I will look back on this day and laugh - just not today!