Saturday, June 2, 2012

Brooklyn/NYC - Part 1


We arrived a few days earlier than expected to NYC to visit my parents.  I decided I wanted to first go and see Chris, Karim, and Sofia in Virginia and then go on to NYC to see my parents.  Dane couldn't go with us because of work so I decided to brave it with 3 kids all by myself.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Easton developed Fifth's Disease a day before we were to leave (rash, but basically normal) which is beyond dangerous for pregnant women to be around because of the possibility of passing the virus onto the baby.  So, this being said - Chris and Karim's house in Virginia was out so we were bummed that we couldn't take the chance to visit them like we had planned.  iInstead of traveling to Virginia,  we stayed on in Newark and spent the extra days with my parents.  We went to the zoo and played at many a parks.  We had a blast.  I am so glad we were able to see them one more time before they come home.  The kiddos were very fascinated by the gym in their bldg and kept asking to go upstairs and exercise!  We had popscicles every night after dinner - only at Grammy and Poppy's!