Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Emmy and the Christmas Tree 2009

A couple of days ago we decided to get out the Christmas tree and decorate. Emmy and I went up to the attic and got out all the boxes of ornaments and decorations. We brought the first box of ornaments downstairs and I told her that she could open it. She pulled the lid off and her eyes lit up as she looked down at all the shiny glass bulbs, snow globes, and other ornaments. I proceeded to show her how to hang an ornament on the tree and after the first one, she immediately went back to the box, pulled out another one and exclaimed "Daddy, I do it mysels." So I sat back and just enjoyed the moment as I watched Em take each ornament out of the box and hang it on the tree. She had one branch in particular that was her favorite - which is where the first 15 ornaments went (as you can see below - the tree branch at the front is very heavey laden). But it was so fun to watch her - and after she was through, ran to get Linds so she could show her the masterpiece she created, it was classic. As you can tell below, she was very proud of herself for the job she did - way to go Emmy!