Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Marathon - Stop 5

Because of the sacred nature of Easter Sunday, we opted to not focus alot on the commercial side of things and do just a small Easter egg hunt for the kiddos.  We wanted to focus on the true meaning of Easter and help the kiddos understand why we celebrate Easter.  I am so thankful for the Atonement and the Resurrection of our Savior.  He is the reason I get out of bed daily because I know that with each day I begin, I have the opportunity to become a better wife, mother, sister, and daughter.  I am grateful for this wonderful gift and the knowledge and understanding I have of it.  I am thankful for the blessings I enjoy daily as a result of the selfless act of love and service.  I hope to become a more Christlike person.  We went to church and excellent talks and lessons were given.  We then spent the afternoon and evening with our best friends, the Links.  What a joy to be together with them on a special holiday.  It was a very good day!  Thanks Grammy and Poppy for the new Sunday garb!