Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day


We had a great Father's Day weekend.  We were able to spend some time on Saturday together and were able to get some new shirts for Dane with his giftcard to Jos Banks from my mom and dad.  Then we went to Raising Kane's Chicken for dinner.  It was pretty good and it was nice to not worry about dinner!  Sunday we celebrated with Dane and sincehe didn't have meetings, we ate a yummy breakfast of huge cinammon rolls and cheese eggs together (a rare occasion on Sundays).  The kiddos gave him a Berenstain Bears book about Father's Day and he has some fun money from me to spend on some new athletic shoes.  We ate a yummy dinner of steaks, potatoes, garlic mushrooms, yummy bread, fruit, and blackberry cobbler for dessert.  It was a nice day and I am so grateful and blessed to have such a wonderful husband who is my best friend and the best father in the world! I am in awe when I see him with our children-they love and adore him just like I do!  I am also very thankful for an amazingly awesome dad who I love and adore also.  I am grateful for a wonderful father-in-law who set a standard of how to be a wonferful father and husband thus influencing his son to follow that same example.