Friday, June 10, 2011

Young Womens Camp - Lower Mountain Fork River

On Thursday evening, I had the pleasure to go up to young women's camp at Beavers Bend State Park in SE Oklahoma.  It's a great spot, as our young women have a fantastic time and our stake and ward leaders do a tremendous job.  Thursday evening they invite all the bishops up to be a part of the testimony meeting held that night.  We had about 21 young women from our ward there and it was very special to be a part of.  We have wonderful young women in our ward and was a great evening.

I stayed Thursday night so I could help drive the young women home on Friday and it just so happens that the Lower Mountain Fork River runs right through Beavers Bend State Park.  This is a destination spot for fly fisherman in North Texas and Oklahoma for browns an rainbows.   Knowing that I would have a couple of hours Friday morning, I loaded up the fly rod and waders, got up early Friday morning and hit the water at the north end of the river.  It was a beautiful morning and the river was ideal.  After about an hour, I hooked into a 11-12 inch rainbow and shortly after that, about a 15-16 incher - fun stuff!