Sunday, October 3, 2010

General Conference Weekend

I always look forward to the last weekend in September because that is when the General Relief Society Broadcast occurs. We always have a yummy dinner and then watch the broadcast at the stake center. It was so awesome last weekend to participate again in the annual tradition. I love the way I feel after the broadcast and feel like it is a greater starter for the following weekend - general conference. General Conference always comes at a time when I am in need of a great pick-me-up or a recharging of the battery. I love the talks given in General Conference because they give me new insight or perspective on things I am currently struggling with or topics of which I know I need more guidance and understanding of. I truly feel that the Lord is speaking to me oft times during the different sessions and feel blessed to have the understanding that I have that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to grow and learn. I love this gospel and look forward to reading the talks next month in the Ensign.