Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day!!!!!

Today I wanted to write about how thankful I am for my Granny. She is an amazing woman. She taught me so many fun things growing up - how to skip, let me help her bake cookies, how to make a beautiful quilt and how to crochet. She taught me about life and how to work hard. She has such a comfortable home that everytime I visited it while growing up I felt like I was coming home. To this day I still feel a peaceful warmth when I come in her home. It had to be the company (Granny and Papa) because everytime I entered her home a new a hug and kiss would be waiting upon my arrival. I remember the yummy smells of cakes, cookies, rolls, Sunday dinners wafting throughout her home. I remember family parties and rolling down her grass hills. I remember warm fires and snug naps in her basement. I remember yummy food from the garden Papa planted and then Granny continued after his death. I remember pony cart rides and slip-n-slides. I remember the feel of the soft grass on my feet and swinging on the back porch rocker. I remember swing on the swings and handing for the bars. I have so many fond memories of Granny's house. It wasn't just the home she and Papa built, it was the way you felt when you entered through those front doors. Thanks be to you Granny, for the love and joy you have created over the years for family and friends alike. Thanks for being an awesome Granny and Granny-Great. You and Papa blessed the lives of so many and your influence will continue for generations to come. Thanks for all your love and support over the years.