Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pre-Father's Day BBQ

Because Dane, Mom, Ashley, Little Collins, and Syd are going to be out-of-town for Father's Day, my mom invited us all over for swimming and bbq. We had a fun afternoon of yummy food, great company, tasty treats, and of course cooling off in the pool (which during this time of year is really close to warm bath water). Eme was helped with her fear of being in the water by herself with Poppy's patient assistance and was pretty comfortable at the end with the help of floaties and a noodle. Easton loved the water and couldn't get enough of all the balls he had to throw in the pool. It was fun to get together and enjoy one another. I am so thankful for wonderful grandpas (both deceased), an awesome dad (and grandpa I might add also), brothers who are dads (Collins) and will be future dads (Chris and Josh), a fun father-in-law (Gary) who helped shape Dane to be the man he is, and especially and most importantly my awesome husband, Dane (who is an awesome man, husband, and father). I am thankful for all the men in my life now and in the past. Happy Father's Day!